Buffet Cook Job Description
Do you know buffet cooks works? Well, generally this job is placed at restaurant or hotel that serves best dining service to their guests. The duties of buffet cooks are not different with other cook. The quantity of food that is prepared by them will be the different point of buffet cooks with other cook types.
Preparing large amounts of foods is the main duty of them. They have to serve many foods everyday for big clients. So, their job is to anticipate the number of their guests. After that, they have to entertain the guests by the foods that they make.
Besides preparing the foods, they also have to be able to differentiate any types of foods. Then, they also are required to develop food menus every day. In other hand, they need to have rich idea to change the menu every time. So, they can attract the guests for enjoying foods there.
Buffet cooks need to be creative people in cooking world. By those creative ideas, they can explore any new food menus with different taste. Not only anticipating large number of guests, actually they also have to control the kitchen cleanness. They have to keep the cleanness of any food stuff at the restaurant where they work. So, they have multi jobs.
So, for you who want to make buffet cook job description announcement, you have to put those words above. Well, here is the example of buffet cook job description that can be your reference.
Buffet Cook Duties and Responsibilities
- Confirm to the restaurant managers what the food types to make
- Giving suggestion about various meals and top popular cuisines
- Help the menus preparation and add or take any items of menu
- Knowing the new menus in a month or a week, taking the certain measures not for letting it to be conventional part of a day
- Create the moment changes spur in menu of the day for the guests
- Explore the new recipes and follow the available menus to control the activities of food preparation
- Telling to the kitchen staff directly to prepare meats, vegetables, and fruits for cooking menus
- Make the different types of cuisines with large quantities to make sure that the food tables are always prepared.
- Ensure that the extra foods are always available especially in busy hours
- Telling the kitchen staff to clean the kitchen area and rotate foods in the refrigerator
- Checking for each preparation norms at the restaurant
- Knowing the number of meats, vegetables, and fruits on daily basis for serving the restaurant guests with timely manner.