Facility Maintenance Worker Resume Sample
Do you have a plan to apply as a facility maintenance worker but you do not know how to make a resume? You do not have to sad because you come to the right place. A facility maintenance worker is also known as repair workers.
The task of them is to fix and maintain mechanical equipment, buildings and machines as well. The tasks also include painting, plumbing work, flooring repair and upkeep, electrical repairs and heating and air conditioning system.
The responsibilities of a facility maintenance worker are usually as mentioned below.
- Handling basic repairs and maintenance
- Conducting routine inspections of premises and equipment
- Performing preventive maintenance
- Repairing equipment, machines, or structures as necessary
- Diagnosing mechanical issues and correcting them
- Overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary
Before you apply to this job, you also need to know the requirements which are usually asked by the hiring manager.
- Having general education degree (GED) or high school diploma
- Proven maintenance experience
- Skilled in the usage of hand and power tools
- Related degree from a technical college
- Ability to take apart equipment, machines or devices to remove and replace defective parts
- Ability to check blueprints, repair manuals or parts catalogs as necessary
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually
- Professional presentation and attitude
- Eye for detail
- Strong organizational and follow up skills
- Having experience in performing routine maintenance
- Having experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices
- Having the ability to use common tools like hoists, hammers, drills, saws and wrenches.
When you make a resume for applying job as a facility maintenance worker, make sure that you make a good resume. You have to craft your perfect resume by getting job responsibilities written by the recruiters. Then, you have to tailor your resume by choosing wording that can best fit for the job that you apply.
In the first part of your resume, you have to explain your summary. The sentence like “Highly skilled in Building Maintenance Worker with a great customer service history and strong work ethic.” can be the first good sentence. Then, in the second part is highlight. In this part, you are able to mention your specific skills such as strong facility with soldering equipment, excellent knowledge of hand and power tools usage and maintenance, superior expertise in plumbing fire panels carpentry and building electrical systems, good physical stamina to lift heavy equipment and perform repetitive tasks and more skills. In the third part, you have to mention your work experience including the name of company where you worked, your responsibilities and also the time period. And then in the last part, you have to mention your education.
There are a lot of opportunities to land a Building Maintenance Worker job position. To be able to be chosen, you have to make sure that you make an outstanding resume that can catch the attention of hiring manager.