Hotel Front Office Supervisor Skills List
A hotel front office supervisor is the first location whee visitors, clients and guests are greeted when entering an establishment. The person who is responsible to manage the front desk and its employees is the Front Desk Supervisor. It is a position of leadership that requires experience in customer service and administration.
When you make a resume for applying job as a hotel front office supervisor, you may be a little bit confused in the part of mentioning skills. You need to know that in that part, you have to mention the skills that can support your job as a hotel front office supervisor.
Here, we have a list of skills that are required by a hotel front office supervisor.
- Guest Service. Guest service is one of the most important skills for a hotel front office supervisor and it includes being pleasant and friendly, working efficiently and accurately, solving problems and anything else that is able to guarantee a pleasant experience for hotel customers.
- Organized and Detail Oriented. It is needed because this position can be categorized into a job that need multitasking. It can lean to piles of paper and if you are not a person who is organized and detail oriented, you can make a lot of mistakes. You should be able to keep track of your progress on multiple tasks, maintain a workspaces which is neat and tidy and also complete complex process and procedures without any errors.
- Computer Literacy. You need to have knowledge about Microsoft Office suite of software programs. Even if you have some experiences in using hotel property management software, it can be your luck.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills. When you apply to this job, this skill is important because you will not only see eye to eye with everyone. There will be a time where you have to take a team and get along with a variety of different people.
- Ability to Stay Calm Under Pressure. Most jobs for front desk professionals usually require you to be able to do multitasking in a fast-paced environment. At some moments, you will need to answer the phone, greet guest, sign for a package and also process a credit card transaction simultaneously. So, don’t lose your cool.
- Problem Solving Skills. In Hotel, it is common to find disappointed guests from time to time. So, hiring team need to hire front office professionals who are able to think on their feet and solve problems as they arise.
- Speak Multiple Languages. The guests of hotel will be various. They usually come from all over the world. So, the ability to speak multiple languages can be a good point. Usually, you will be required to be able to speak at least an international language namely English. But, if you can speak other languages, it can be your good point.
Well, those are some of the skills that you need to have to be a hotel front office supervisor. There are still other skills that you need to have. So, you have to keep researching what you need to do and have to be able to be a good candidates as a hotel front office supervisor.