Marketing Executive Resume Sample
Marketing executive, also known as marketing officer or marketing coordinator is involved in developing marketing campaigns to promote a service or idea. The role includes planning, advertising, public relations, organizing events, product development, distribution, sponsorship and research. If you love challenges, working as a marketing executive is a good idea because this position offers the challenging, exciting and varied experiences.
The responsibilities of a marketing executive will vary too of course, depending on the size of organization and sector, whether the focus is on selling products or services or raising awareness of an issue that affects the public. If you are on this position, you will need to contribute to, and develop, integrated marketing campaigns. Here are some basic tasks you may be involved in:
- Preparing and delivering marketing plans within key objectives
- Working with in-house designers to produce materials of visual impact and within brand guidelines.
- Sourcing advertising opportunities and placing adverts in the press, radio or TV as appropriate to the product or service.
- Attending key conferences to manage booth, doing customer interviews and focusing on groups.
- Involving key stockholders for product at each stage of campaign, and reporting results once completed.
- Monitoring competitor activity and generating leads for products and services.
With the varied tasks to do by the marketing executive, you surely need to own some basic skills and personal qualities. You should:
- have knowledge of a wide range of marketing technique and concepts
- be an excellent communicator
- think creatively
- be well presented with a professional manner
- be able to work within a budget
- be persuasive and diplomatic
- work well in a team and with a wide range of people
Marketing executive is an attractive position. You probably have to deal with tough competitors. One of the ways to beat them is powering your application documents including the resume. Take a look at the following sample.
#4 Windemere Lane – Portland, Oregon 98778
809-696-7089 – email@example.com
Product Management – Strategic Planning – New Product Development
- Dynamic, award-winning Executive with outstanding success creating and launching new AT&T products for domestic and international markets
- Granted a Patent for an innovative card feature used to acquire new clients
- Skilled in marketing costs, managing cross-functional teams and administering multi-million dollar budget
- Additional capabilities in industry analysis, consumer research, marketing initiatives and e-based capabilities.
- Selected, AT&T Emerging Leaders Program, with less than 5% of employees chosen, 2001-present
- Granted, US Patent, “Establishing Billing Arrangements for a Calling Card in a Telecommunications Network”, January 1999
- Recipient, AT&T Patent Inventive Award, May 1996
- Division Manager, Marketing Strategy and Offer Development, Consumer Services (2001-Present)
- Direct strategic planning of Internet, high-speed access and telephony services with $1.7billion annual revenue, including short and long-term blueprints for market share and revenue growth
- Create, track and evaluate internal metrics and management reporting to identify marketing performance and effectiveness of programs, offers, channels, markets and products mix.
Marketing and Sales Director, Consumer Services (1999-2001)
- Led team in launching new telephony and high-speed Internet services, including customer identification, ales planning, channel mix, pricing, promotion, and customer experience definition.
- Supervised in-house and outside agency creative staff in developing logos, website, direct mail, and e-mail acquisition marketing, functioned as point person in external partner negotiations.