Middle School Social Studies Teacher Resume Sample
A Social Studies Teacher will be responsible for teaching concepts of history, economics, politics and civic ideals. They will also perform some other activities such as preparing learning materials, referring students to public resources, grading tests, assigning papers, supervising classroom activities and monitoring student attendance.
If now you are trying to apply for a job as a Middle School Social Studies Teacher, then you need to know what to include on your resume. To make you understand easily, we have an example that can be used as your guide when you make a resume.
Voila Street, New Cityland, CA 87654
Home: (555) 765-876 |Cell: 765-876-4567
Experienced social studies teacher with good reputation, regards to teaching and getting good results. Excellent knowledge of U.S. history current events geography and world politics. Being able to manage students and maximizing learning opportunities in diverse classroom settings.
- Innovative lesson planning
- Patience with children
- Able to discipline in multiple ways
- Social and life skills educator
- Certified Language Arts and History teacher
- Excellent skills in handling students and keeping them engaged
- Confident in taking new challenge and in-calculating new teaching methodologies into the personal teaching method
Social Studies Teacher 7/3/2009 – 5/6/2014
ABC Academy New Cityland, CA
- Maintain accurate records and grades for students
- Lesson social studies courses to students in Grades 6-8
- Use a variety of instructional strategies to provide equity and excellence ti students of all ability levels
Social Studies Teacher 10/7/2014 – 10/7/2108
QWERT High School New Cityland, CA
- Analyzed student plan and learning and administer a variety of assessments which are appropriate
- Developed and implemented a daily and weekly schedule covering all areas of curriculum
- Established an exemplary classroom culture that balanced high expectations with love and support
- Guaranteed effective and positive parent communication
Master of Arts in Socials Sciences from Oxford University, 2008
Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences from Oxford University, 2006
If you have any certification, you are able to include that under Education part by making a new list as Certification. Alternatively, you are also able to put the certification in the Education section. When you make a resume for applying a job as a Middle School Social Studies Teacher, you need to identify the keywords that are usually used by school districts looking for teaching candidates.
One of the best ways to find the keywords is by scamming school district websites and looking for middle schools social studies pages. The job description will also include what the school is most concerned with, and it will include teaching methods, content familiarization and also other teaching-related traits and duties. In addition, you also need to use some throughout the rest of your resume, particularly in your professional experience section. You have to showcase your skills and talents in helping students to learn and retain social studies subject matter on your resume. Demonstrate how you use teaching methods like technology, cooperative learning, debates and group projects.