Restaurant Shift Manager Job Description
A shift manager is a middle management position and you are probably one of people who dream of working as a shift manager. Shift manager usually work in fast food and the same restaurants and also run the staff. Before you apply as a restaurant shift manager, there are several things that you need to know about this job especially the job description.
If you see a shift manager in a restaurant, you may think that it is awesome to be a shift manager. But, you need to know that they have a big responsibilities of their work. What are the duties and responsibilities of a restaurant shift manager?
A shift manager have to maintain a fully-stocked inventory and order food supplies as needed.
- A shift manager have to maintain a fully-stocked inventory and order food supplies as needed.
- A shift manager will have to delegate tasks to restaurant staff and supervise their performance.
- A shift manager arranges to have shifts covered for example when employees take time off.
- A shift manager will have to manage dining reservations.
- A shift manager assists staff resolve on the job challenges.
- A shift manager track daily costs and revenues as well.
- A shift manager will guarantee client satisfaction and gracefully handle any complaints.
- A shift manager coordinates with suppliers as they deliver food product orders.
- A shift manager balance the cash register at the end of the shift.
- A shift manager will inform the next shift manager about pending task.
- A shift manager opens or closes the restaurant when responsible for the first or last shift.
- A shift manager has to report maintenance and also training needs.
- A shift manager will have to motivate staff to meet individual and team goals for sales and also customer satisfaction.
- A shift manager has to establish a culture of excellent customer service.
Those are job descriptions of a shift manager so now you are able to imagine that this position is suitable for you or not.
Well, if you are interested in being a shift manager, after you know the job description as mentioned above, you need to know the requirements of being a restaurant shift manager.
- You need to have good knowledge of restaurant operations such as managing reservations and payments.
- You need to have proven experience as a Shift Manager or relevant role in a restaurant.
- You need to have a knowledge of bookkeeping procedures.
- You have to be able to work different shifts and it includes on weekends.
- You need to have excellent organizational skills.
- You need to have a customer service approach with the ability to manage complaints with professionalism.
- You need to have BCs in Restaurant Management, Business Administration or the same field.
- You need to have team management abilities.
- It is a point plus if you have certification from a culinary school.
So, are you qualified to be a restaurant shift manager? If you are qualified, you are able to try to send an application to a restaurant which is looking for a shift manager. If you want to know how to make a cover letter and resume for your application, you are able to read other articles about them in this website.