Business Development Resume Sample
Are you going to apply for a business development job? Before sending the application, it is important to get as much information about this profession. Business development or commonly called bus dev is a combination of strategic analysis, marketing and sales. It is one of the functions and most unbounded roles in the company. Some also consider business development as acquiring new customers. It also means to build alliances and partnerships. From the different terms people use to call this position, a business development professional can be involved in everything from the development of their employers’ products and services, to the creation of marketing strategies, to the generation of sales leads, to negotiating and closing deals.
As business development professional, you will be challenged to identify new business opportunities. There are many tasks involved, but it depends on how big the company in and what industry it is in. Because of the variety of responsibilities to do by business development professionals, it is no wonder that varied degrees of sales and strategy are required. The minimum degree requirement for an entry-level position in business development is a BA or BS. For more senior positions, an MBA is often preferred, along with five or more years of experience in business development or sales. The growing needs of biz dev make job seekers get involved in a tight market. That is why if you have a strong passion to one of the offered positions, you need to consider well about your application. Here is a sample of business development resume you can use as a reference.
2292 Sample Way, Clearwater, Wisconsin, USA
- Business Development Associate (Entry Level) with over 3 years of Business Development experience.
- Fluent in German and English, dependable, professional, strong communicator.
- American Business Development, Inc, Clearwater, Wisconsin, USA, 2010 to present
- Business Development Associate (Entry Level)
- Met department KPI’s for securing new business opportunities during tenure.
- Provided sales and administrative support involving efficient handling of customer requests
- Prepared and followed up on quotes and proposals, updated the customer information in the database.
- Established and grew healthy relationships with existing customers/ distributors.
- Coordinated and responded all requests of internal meetings.
- Improved sales per account by promotion of products and services of the organization to fresh and existing customers through a proactive approach.
- Assisted the marketing team in developing content, analysis, research to launch 7 new products and services.
Certifications and Publications
- Certified Business Development Associate (Entry Level)
- Business Development Biweekly – 20 Fast-growing Business Development Associate (Entry Level) Trends, 2003
Business Development Associations
- North American Business Development Associate (Entry Level) Society
- National Business Development Association
Qualifications and Credentials
- Classics Degree, University of Wisconsin, 2000
- Business Development Associate (Entry Level) Diploma, College of Clearwater, 2010
- Business Development Certificate, Wisconsin Technical Institute, 2009
- Business Development Society, Front Desk Associate, 2007 – Present
- Children’s Memorial Hospital, Volunteer Coordinator, Office Services, 2008 – Present