Diesel Mechanic Skills List for Resume
When we try to apply to a job, it is important to know the job description so that we are able to know the skills that we need to have for applying the job. If we want to apply as a diesel mechanic skills, what kind of skills that we need to have and mention in our resume? We are going to explain about it in this article.
Firstly, we need to know the responsibilities of a diesel mechanic and after that we will know that skills that we need to have. What are the responsibilities of a diesel mechanic?
- Test drive vehicles to diagnose malfunctions
- Analyze diagnostic test results
- Inspect brake systems, transmissions, steering mechanism, engines, and other parts of vehicles
- Raise buses, truck, and heavy parts or equipment by using hydraulic jacks or hoists
- Perform routine maintenance such as checking batteries, changing oil, and lubricating equipment and parts
- Repair or replace malfunctioning elements, parts, and other mechanical or electrical equipment
- Adjust and also align wheels, tighten bolts and screws and attach system components
From the responsibilities of a diesel mechanic above, you need to have some skills as explained in the list below.
- Electronic skills. As we know that technology continues to change from time to time. So, a diesel mechanic needs to be able to work with electrical components and computer programs that monitor and run the engines on the machines.
- Analytical skills. You need analytical skills to be able to diagnose the problem with the diesel systems that you work on. Analytics are needed since the diagnostics equipment sometimes just gives a starting point.
- Mathematics skills. Mental math will help you work more quickly when you calculate mileage and measurements.
- Ability to use hand tools. Make sure that you have the agility to handle tools well.
- Communication skills. You need to be able to take the complex jargon of your industry and translate it into everyday language. So, your customers know what you are doing to the vehicle.
- Patience. This job needs patience and the ability to take a deep breath. Moreover, if you have a difficult customers, you will need to apply this skill.
Now, how to mention these skills on the resume when applying a job as a diesel mechanic? You have to make it in the form of list. But, you do not list them only word per word. You have to give explanation about the skills that you have, for example as listed below.
- Deep knowledge of troubleshooting and repairing defective parts in diesel engines with the aim of minimizing downtime.
- Ability to do complex preventive maintenance such as tune ups, front-end alignments ad brake adjustments.
- Expert at hooking up and using computer systems to diesel engines and machinery to determine issues and handling them properly so that they are able to be used flawlessly thorough the shift.
Now, you can imagine how to mention your skills on your resume. You are able to start making a resume now and convince the employer that you are a great candidate.