Front Office Intern Job Description
You like seeing a front office who always greet you whenever you come to a bank, hotel or other companies. They are friendly and helpful. Then, it makes you also want to work as a front office employee. Before you work in that position, you are able to try to be an intern first so that you are able to learn much how to be a front office officer.
A front office intern helps in daily Front Office operations and works with customers and guests as part of a project used to show your abilities to work in the company. A front office intern has responsibility to manage the first impressions of guests.
So, a front office intern has to do some tasks including:
- Giving respond to the queries of guest in a timely and efficient manner;
- Making sure accurate and efficient running of reception and it includes check in/ check out;
- Showing customer service in a high level at all times;
- Ensuring that the Front Office Manager and Reception Supervisors are kept fully aware of any relevant feedback from Guests and other departments;
- Maximizing occupancy of room and us techniques of selling up to promote hotel services and facilities;
- Understanding thoroughly all hotel room categories, room rates, packages, promotions and other general product knowledge necessary to show daily duties;
- Answering switchboard calls as required;
- Attending appropriate training courses when it is required;
- Following and adhering to company brand standards;
- Working with your manager to identify a specific project to complete during your internship placement
- Helping other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationship with team members.
When you want to apply as an front office intern and you want to be a great candidate, you have to make a great resume as well. How to make a resume for applying a job as a front office intern? First, you have to know the structure. The structure consist of Career Focus, Core Qualifications, Education and Training, Accomplishments, and Work Experience. In the Career Focus section, you can state your superiority briefly. In Core Qualifications section, you can tell your qualifications such as excellent research skills, detail oriented, customer service expert and more.
In the education section, you have to tell your education and training that you have joined. In the Accomplishments section, you have to tell your achievements for example, you have an accomplishments in scheduling, so you are able to tell it like “managed detailed scheduling to ensure adequate staffing through high-volume holiday season”. Then, in the Work Experience section, you have to tell experience that you have had in the previous company for example, you worked as a front desk intern in Marriot Hotel in the past and you are able to tell that by mentioning the name of company, time of period and also your responsibilities. You can explain your responsibilities as a front desk intern in the past company as following example: communicated with customers, employees and other individuals to answer questions and explain information.