Mortgage Banker Job Description for Resume
Do you want to apply a job as a mortgage banker? If so, you need to prepare some documents such as resume or CV, cover letter, certificates, and other related documents. When you make a resume, make sure that you include your strong skills that can help you to be accepted as a mortgage banker.
- A mortgage bankers will have to meet mortgage loan financial standards by providing annual budget information, monitoring expenditures, identifying variances, implementing corrective actions.
- They will have to meet mortgage loan operational standards by contributing mortgage loan information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, quality, productivity and customer-service standards; resolving problems and also identifying mortgage loan system improvements.
- They have to accomplish the objectives of mortgage loan human resources by choosing, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions and also adhering to policies and procedures.
- They have to be able to attract new mortgage loan applications by developing relationship within the community, specifically with the real estate community and also making sales calls to prospective customers.
- They will approve mortgage loans by examining application and supporting documentation; estimating credit- worthiness and also calculating the risk of repayment.
- They have to update the job knowledge by joining in educational chances; reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and also joining in professional organizations.
- They have to be able to protect the image of bank by keeping mortgage loan information confidential.
- They will compete mortgage loans by monitoring collection, verification and also preparation of mortgage loan documentation; scheduling and completing mortgage loan closing.
So, if you apply for this job, you need to have skills and qualifications including financial software, audit, financial skills, customer service, confidentiality, thoroughness, analyzing information, verbal communication, decision making, quality focus and also professionalism. How about degree? You have to at least graduate from an accredited school with an associate’s degree. A three-year proven track record in closing sales can be needed as is one year of professional service in the financial industry.
Before you apply, you may want to know the salary of a mortgage banker. It includes paid training and also a salary plus commission. Until May 2009, the Bureau of Labor statistics reports that the median income of all loan officers per year is under $55,000. However, compensation also may include a 401k plan with matching contributions, paid vacation, sick days and holidays and health insurance.
A successful mortgage banker usually have certain characteristics such as being comfortable with a broad range of people and have a competitive spirit. They are also motivated by money and enjoy helping people and also team. In addition, they are self-starters, enjoy working independently and also do not stop wanting to learn.