Order Entry Specialist Job Description
The role of the Order Entry Specialist which is also more more known as OE Specialist is to process new orders. This one verifies that the ordering customer information, and billing information that the client provided is right.
Several things such as court information, subject information, opposing counsel and if applicable co-defense counsel information is also verified, as well as the addresses for facilities using various Internet search engines. Every OE Specialist has to review the orders for accuracy prior to giving it to the QC person for the final review and print out QC sheets for QC review. The main objective of the position is to establish the correct information in preparing the legal documents to be sent to all right parties, including the ordering customer, opposing counsel, and or co-defense counsel, and facilities, as well as the right invoice to the billing party.
The responsibilities of the Order Entry Specialist are divided into two. The first one is the essential functions and the second one is the marginal functions. Some of the essential functions are:
- Establishing the right information in regard to every aspect of orders such as ordering client information, bill to information, court information, opposing and co-defense counsel information, facility information, patient or subject information, and assign appropriate order date, and deposition date to every order depending on order type and client reference.
- Setting up the order and assigning the corresponding database codes for every customer, billing or carrier, pending court, all counsels listed, and facilities.
- Performing Internet research in order to locate working telephone or facsimile numbers or a physical address for right contact person for opposing counsel and/or co-defense counsel, and business entities.
Some of the marginal functions are:
- To Identify orders that cannot be processed without additional information, documentation, or clarification, and flag the order accordingly.
- To maintain client, court and facility databases as required.
- To assist with department clerical work and/or any other duties as indicated by the supervisor or manager.
- To verify or to review every order using the QC sheet for right information entered by OE Specialist.
For the qualifications, the educational and or experience requirements and skills and abilities are needed. For the educational and/or experience requirements, there are:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Some college desirable but not required.
- Prior work experience in data entry. Work experience in a medical, legal, or insurance claims office are preferred.
For the skills and abilities, there are:
- Typing proficiency, preferred level of at least 45 wpm accuracy, no errors.
- Good English grammar, including word structure.
- Proficiency on the Internet with searching and locating information quickly.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to adapt to changes and absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good telephone etiquette, written, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Has some understanding of the internal processes of medical facilities and med-legal terminology.